Saturday, July 11, 2009

Weeping Willow

The first casualty of our remodeling project was the crabapple tree in the front yard. It wasn’t until the week before it had to come down that I realized how nice it was to have shade in the front yard. P6250015

Last fall we spent a learned a lot about trees for science. We had a lot of fun identifying trees in our neighborhood. I really learned to love trees and have been really wanting to get a new tree in our front yard. It has been over 2 years since we started our remodeling project and we have had to spend a lot of time finishing up our landscaping. We now have a sprinkler system and grass in the front yard, not very good grass, but grass none the less. The next step was to get a new tree.

When Grandpa Mackley died in April my Mom’s school offered to either send flowers to the funeral, or give her a gift certificate so she could plant something in his honor. My Mom said she wanted to plant a tree at our house, where Grandma could see it, and when we asked Grandma Mackley what kind of a tree she would like she chose a weeping willow. She said Grandpa would have liked a weeping willow. The kids and I were very excited, we also like weeping willows.

My Dad arranged for the tree to be delivered and planted for us. I’m so glad, because I wouldn’t have known the best way to plant a tree.

I’m looking forward to comparing the pictures of the tree and kids now to ones that we will take in the future.

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online